Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2 (NIV)
Welcome! My name is Shelly. I'm a Christian, homekeeping wife, and homeschooling mom of seven children. I have two daughters and five sons, ages 20 to newborn. It's hard to be different, but I find joy in the little things! I like to write about the little things that make a big difference for our family.
I spent the first 25 years of my life trying to conform to the world's standards. I plan to spend the rest of my years enjoying being different and doing things differently than "the world". The Bible says that we can be transformed by renewing our minds and in doing so we can learn God's will. I'm still learning, and in these posts, I'll share the little things I do to find His good, pleasing and perfect will for my life.
- The world thinks children are a burden... I think they are a blessing.
- The world has 1.9 kids... I have 7... so far!
- The world thinks children should be placed with peers... I think they should be with their family.
- The world sends women to work... I stay home.
- The world sends their babies to daycare and their children to school... I homeschool.
- The world drives a hybrid sedan... I drive a 15 passenger van.
- The world loves to spend money... I try to save it.
- The world reads Parenting for parenting advice... I read the Bible.
- The world thinks a "homemaker" is a bad word... I'm proud of it.
*If you are not a Bible believing Christian most of this will not make sense. The first step to renewing your mind will be believing in and accepting Jesus Christ as your Savior. After that, and it's a big first step, the rest will fall into place as you read God's word and continue to grow in Him. I'm praying for you!