August 10, 2009

Crochet Edge Fleece Blanket

UPDATE: I finally posted a short tutorial on how I did made this blanket. It can be found here.

I just keep finding all these cute baby gift ideas that I have to try! This one is quite easy and turned out really cute. I had been searching for some way to crochet an edge on a baby blanket when I came across some instructions for a lighter blanket.

I modified it somewhat to work for a fleece blanket.
The Blanket Corner

I got it done in just a few days working on it here and there when I had a few minutes. Poking the holes took almost as long as the crocheting. I hadn't crocheted in awhile so it took me a few stitches to remember, but once I got going it went fast. You know what? I remembered I really enjoy crocheting! Once I was done I wished I had another little project to work on.
The Finished Blanket

Ready to give to my new nephew!

Depending on the fabric you choose these wouldn't have to be a new baby gift. Fleece comes in so many patterns these days you could make one for anybody! I'll try and post the "pattern" on of these days! And if you don't know how to crochet and would like to learn. YouTube has a TON of videos showing you how to make each stitch! Wish that would have been around a few years ago when I taught myself from a good old fashioned library book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!