August 6, 2009

Summer Dining

Summer dining at it's best!

Chicken salad on homemade rolls with fresh fruit salad!

The rolls were so easy! I made them from a new dough recipe that you store in the fridge. You mix it up (no kneading!) and after it rises you set it in the fridge. When you want bread you just take some out and set it out to rise and then bake. As it sits it develops a sourdough flavor. Not too strong though...the boys ate it without noticing a difference. The first time I made it, I made a round loaf and there were no leftovers. This time I thought I'd see how it did in roll form. The rolls were a big hit!

I got the recipe from the book Artisan bread in five minutes a day : the discovery that revolutionizes home baking or you can find instructions here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!